US Senate elections October 16, 2013
Time for a vacation.
WordPress.com is home to millions of great blogs and lots of great websites, from small businesses to schools to hotels. Forget your travel agent — you can find places to stay from New Zealand to New Mexico on WordPress.com.
Since we launched WordPress.com/hotels in April, hundreds of inns, guesthouses, motels, and more around the world have used it to create sleek sites that show off their amenities and locations. Here are a few of the places we love (and want to visit!).
Amy’s Placeuses the Stay theme — created specifically to show off hotels and inns to their best advantage — to highlight a picture-perfect tropical setting that makes any reader want to book a trip ASAP:
She uses Stay’simage slider to highlight a different beguiling photo for each of her whimsically-named…
View original post 876 more words
Worth sharing with readers again.
I discovered an absolutely wonderful website today while I was searching for information on aquarium fish.
The website is Exploration for Kids and the address is :
http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/explore/Explore.htm created by Ann Zeise.
I wanted to share it with readers.
Images of the Landee Mission
Teaching science is interesting and engaging to students when hands-on activities are included. Introducing students to aquarium fish is an excellent way for students to learn about their environment and survival in freshwater.
In order to successfully engage student in this activity, all students take part in caring for the fish.
There are several responsibilities in taking care of fresh water community fish. It’s very easy to maintain after the tank is established. Kids love to take care of pets and this is an exciting way to teach about science as well. It creates a feeling of calm and relaxation as an added bonus.
1. Water temperature – Ideal range is between 78-80 and is kept constant using an electric aquarium heater.
2. pH – Ideal range 7.0 – can be maintained using a pH regulator (I recommend Marineland)
3. Carbon Filter System – carbon filters replaced monthly ( I recommend Penguin Biowheel)
4. Under gravel water filtration system (I recommend Penguin Water Pumps)
5. Light kept on during the daytime and turned off at night.
6. A natural setting such as rocks and plants is an ideal environment for fresh fish . Community fish are great for beginners because they are the easiest to care for. The aquarium in the video above has the following kinds of fish : Neon tetra, giant danio, gourami, catfish, , rasbora tetra, striped tetra, and pleco.
7, Flake food, bloodworms, dried shrimp, bottom feeder wafers and pellets are the kinds of food to buy. Feed only a pinch or two a couple of times a day. Do not give the fish more than can be eaten in five minutes.
8. About once every six weeks, remove 1/3 of the water and replace with the same amount of fresh water that has stood overnight in a separate container . Use bottled water if the water source has chlorine added.
9. Occasionally, it is necessary to use an aquarium gravel cleaner to get rid of excess waste matter under the surface of the gravel.
10. Enjoy your fresh water fish aquarium in the classroom. Your students will really be excited and engaged caring for them. It’s a fantastic, hands-on way to learn about life science.
Materials: Red, white, and blue crepe paper streamers on a roll, tape, playing card, spring clip or clothes pin.
Kids will have fun with this easy July 4th activity. Kids can decorate their bikes with red, white and blue streamers for the Fourth of July. Weave streamers in and out of the bicycle spokes and wrap around the handle bars. Then, attach a card to the wheel support bracket with a clip so that as the bike moves the card hits the spokes and makes a loud noise. It’s a fun way to get the kids out of the house and riding their bikes around to show off their creativity and July 4th spirit.